The aim of Care and Repair is to give help and support to home owners and private
tenants to adapt, maintain, repair or improve their homes.
Who is eligible?
This service is available to home owners and tenants of private landlords in the
Falkirk Council area, who are of any age and who have a disability or are aged 60
How can Care and Repair help you?
We offer a free advice service to:
- help you decide what repairs and improvements are needed in your home and/or assist
you in the process of adapting your home. This may involve an assessment from the
Community Care Team
- give you an idea of the cost and how to raise the money
- help you to contact suitable people to provide plans
- help you get quotations (prices) from reliable contractors
- help you appoint a suitable contractor to do the work
- help you fill in forms and apply for grants/funding
- put you in touch with other agencies that may be able to help
- help you cope while work is being done
Please note: The Care and Repair Service cannot recommend contractors
but can provide you, if asked, with contact details of contractors or consultants
that other clients have used. This is not a recommended list.
What about the cost?
The Care and Repair service is free.
Grants are available from us to help with the cost of certain works including major
adaptations (work) for disabled people. Sometimes extra help may also be available
from benefits agencies or charitable organisations.