If you wish to sell alcohol from premises that are not licensed for the sale of alcohol, for example local halls, community centre etc, you will need an occasional licence from Falkirk Council Licensing Board.

You can apply for an occasional licence for a maximum of 14 days but usually they are granted for single, one-off events such as a wedding reception, birthday party or fund raising dance.

There are strict rules on who can apply for an occasional licence. You must be:

  • the holder of a premises licence; or
  • the holder of a personal licence; or
  • a representative of a voluntary organisation.

If you are a voluntary organisation the Licensing Board is limited to issuing in any rolling 12-month period:

  • not more than 4 occasional licences for a period of 4 to 14 days
  • not more than 12 occasional licences for a period of less than four days

The total number of licences issued to a voluntary organisation must not cover more than 56 days in any 12 month period.

These restrictions also apply to premises which operate as a members club, for example bowling clubs, golf clubs or social clubs, and which do not generally allow members of the public access.

Applications for Occasional Licences are advertised on our website for a continuous period of 7 days. Any person may object to an Occasional Licence application within the period of 7 days starting on the day when details are published on the web site.

The Board's Statement of Licensing Policy has a section about occasional licences. You may wish to read this before submitting your application

How to apply

The Occasional Licence application form is available for download:

Application form for an Occasional Licence

Your completed application form and fee should be sent to:

Licensing Section
Municipal Buildings
West Bridge Street
01324 501575

You can also fax your application to 01324 501588.