Community justice is made up of the individuals, agencies and services that work
together to support, manage and supervise people who have committed offences. The
Falkirk Community Justice Partnership want to secure the best possible outcomes
for people with convictions, victims and witnesses, families and communities.
The Community Justice Partnership aim to prevent and reduce further offending by
addressing its underlying causes. We want to safely and effectively manage and support
those who have committed offences to help them reintegrate into the community and
realise their potential for the benefit of all citizens. We want to make sure that
people with convictions, victims and witnesses, families and communities have access
to the support they need to recover from the impact of crime.
To tackle the root causes of offending, our key aims are to:
- Improve community understanding and participation in community justice
- Plan, work and fund activities together to address people's needs and stop further
- Make sure that people affected by community justice have equal access to the services
- Design and deliver services that are based on evidence of what works and tailor
those services to the needs of the individual
How are we going to achieve this?
The community justice outcomes improvement plan sets out the Community Justice Partnership’s
pledge over the next 3 years to secure the best possible outcomes for people from
the point of arrest, through prosecution, community disposal or custody and alternatives
to these, until they are reintegrated back into the community. The plan describes
in more detail how we are going to share information, provide advice and assistance
to each other, and how we are going to co-ordinate and fund activities together.
The plan goes beyond the Community Justice Partnership to be a plan for our area
that the third sector and our communities have a significant stake in and contribution
to make in delivery.
- Falkirk Community Justice Outcomes Improvement Plan 2017-2020
You can contact the Community Justice Partnership via
Community Justice Partners:
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership
- Falkirk’s Third Sector Interface (CVS Falkirk)
- NHS Forth Valley
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Prison Service
- Skills Development Scotland